Grilled rare rump salad with scallions, grilled potatoes and a horseradish and black pepper dressing
- 750g Moilie rump in one piece
- 8 scallions
- 8 small potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1cm slices
- Handful rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly finely grated horseradish or 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 35ml white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 100ml Broighter Gold rapeseed oil plus more for cooking
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh parsley leaves
- Salt to taste
Cook the potatoes until just done, drain and pat dry on kitchen paper.
Brush with oil and place on a hot griddle pan and cook until marked on both sides.
Place on a platter. Season the rump with salt and rub with oil.
Add the steak to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes each side. Place on a plate to rest. Cut the scallions in half lengthwise and brush with oil and season with salt. Add to pan and cook until wilted and slightly scorched. Whisk the mustard with the horseradish, honey and vinegar. Whisk in the oil and pepper. Add any juices from the steak resting. Check seasoning.
Slice the beef and arrange around the potatoes. Scatter over the rocket and top with scallions. Spoon over the dressing and garnish with parsley and some finely grated horseradish.